2019 Parent and Family Fund Grant Applications are currently closed. Grants will reopen in Spring 2020!
New Student & Family Programs is partnering with the UT Foundation again this year to utilize the VOLstarter crowdfunding platform for the 2019 Parents & Families Fund (PFF) Grant Program. These grants are designed to help support programs that benefit the student body at-large during the 2019-2020 academic year. VOLstarter provides a consistent application process, capabilities to upload a short video to supplement your application, exposure to a wider audience of potential donors, and opportunities for private funding outside of PFF grants.
How to Apply
- Visit volstarter.utk.edu
- Click on “For Applicants” then “Apply for Help”
- Complete the application process, answer the appropriate questions about your project, contact Kristen Watt to work with her on your video and upload
- Applications due to VOLstarter by Friday, February 1 at 5:00 PM
After You Apply
After you apply, your project will be posted on VOLstarter for approximately 45 days. During this time, you will have the opportunity (and responsibility) to fundraise through your formal and informal channels for your project. This can only help you meet your goal!
Beginning in February, the UT Parents Council will review grant applications on VOLstarter. The Council will make funding decisions after they have reviewed all applications. Again, it is important that you fundraise through your constituents first, prior to the Council’s funding decisions.
Tips for Applicants
- Consider partnerships with other offices (even outside the Division of Student Life!)
- Use your application to convey the impact of your project on students.
- Fundraise externally while your project is on VOLstarter.
- Utilize social media to create awareness about your project.
- Change your profile picture to something relevant to your project.
- Include the link to your project’s VOLstarter page in posts on social media.
- When posting, try your best to always use a picture or video. People tend to like, share, and engage better with these types of posts over regular text.