Your gift to the Parents and Families Fund or the Debby Schriver Student Orientation Endowment supports students and families at UT.
Parents & Families Fund
The Parents and Families Fund is a special gift-giving program for parents of undergraduate students. The deep interest and generous support of parents have made a significant difference in helping UT maintain its position as an international leader in higher education and in enhancing students’ out-of-class experiences.
The Parents Association offers various scholarship programs funded by gifts from donors to the Parents and Families Fund. Several exclusive scholarship programs are available, providing an opportunity for your student to receive funding for unique educational needs at UT or abroad.
- Academic Scholarship: Students need to fill out the UT scholarship application to be considered for this Parents Association scholarship.
- Leadership and Service Scholarship: Students can find information and apply for this scholarship at the Dean of Students scholarship page.
- Study Abroad Scholarships: Students who are traveling abroad can apply for the CIE Study Abroad Undergraduate Scholarship.
A parent or family member must be a member of the Parents Association (one-time fee) for students to be eligible for these scholarships.
The Parents and Families Fund provides essential resources and serves students and their families through communications, services, scholarships, and grants for campus events. The Office of New Student and Family Programs, along with the Parents Council, coordinates the program, which provides funding for programs and new initiatives to benefit students. Thanks to gifts from donors, we have enhanced the educational experience of students through a wide range of programs:
- UT to West Tennessee gives West Tennessee students the opportunity to return home during campus breaks when transportation is unaffordable or unavailable.
- Vol Night Long is a safe, alcohol-free late-night program for all students, held three times each semester and coordinated by the Center for Student Engagement.
- Take Back the Night is an annual event to raise awareness of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and sexual abuse, arranged by the Women’s Coordinating Council.
Be a Part of the Family Leadership Society
The NEW Family Leadership Society is for families interested in making a significant, and often lasting, impact on campus through philanthropy. For details, click HERE or contact Amy Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org, (865) 974-4662.
Debby Schriver Student Orientation Leader Endowment
New student orientation is the front porch where students enter as they embark on a new and challenging chapter in their lives. Orientation is also the first impression many parents and guests receive of the university that their students—some of them leaving home for the first time—will attend. Finally, it’s a development opportunity for our most involved and dedicated student leaders. Hard-working and talented student orientation leaders lead 35 orientation sessions annually. Support for this endowment provides some of these superlative students with scholarships to recognize their efforts and leadership abilities during orientation. The fund is named in honor of Debby Moberly Schriver, who influenced the lives of those around her in profound and tangible ways for many years as director of student orientation. Alan Wilson, chairman, president, and CEO of McCormick & Company, and his wife, Wendy, have generously provided a $25,000 gift for the Debby Schriver Student Orientation Leader Endowment. All former student orientation assistants, orientation leaders, and alumni who have benefited from the orientation program are particularly encouraged to contribute to this fund to expand the opportunities for students through orientation programming.
Support New Student & Family Programs
Give online to benefit the good work being done through the Parents and Families Fund and the Debby Schriver Student Orientation Endowment.